FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
+ How do I book an appointment?
The easiest way to book is through our Book an Appointment button. If you do not have a specific artist in mine, just click “not specified” and we will match you.
+ How do I choose an artist?
We recommend taking a look at each artist’s portfolio to get a feel for their style. Their Instagram accounts, which you’ll find linked in their bios, are where you can see their most recent work.
+ Do you take walk-ins?
We do, but it depends on our artists’ availability each day. Calling the shop is the best way to find out if we have time for a walk-in. Appointments are the best way, though, to ensure you get an appointment.
+ What's the minimum?
Our shop minimum is $100. Some artists have higher minimums, though, so you should inquire with your artist.
+ Where are you located?
Safe House Tattoo Studio is located just North of Charlotte Ave just West of Interstate 65 South, on Clinton St. between 12th Ave North and 16th Ave North. There is a free gravel parking lot just across the street from the shop (lot closest to interstate is a private lot DO NOT PARK THERE). There is also a good amount of street parking available.
+ What forms of payment do you take?
We accept cash and all major credit cards. There is an ATM located outside of the shop.
+ What should I do prior to my appointment?
Be sure to hydrate and eat a decent meal within 2 hours of your appointment time.
+ How do I take care of my tattoo?
- If tattoo is wrapped leave one for about an hour (can be left on longer if needed).
- Always wash your hands first! Then wash your new tattoo 2-3 times a day with warm water and an unscented antibacterial soap (ex. Dial Gold), Pat dry with a clean paper towel, apply a thin layer of ointment (Redemption, A&D or Aquaphor).
- If your tattoo becomes dry between cleaning apply another thin layer of ointment. (after your tattoo starts to peel if you like you can switch to a fragrance free lotion, to replace the ointment).
- Avoid any direct sunlight on your new tattoo (including tatting of any kind).
- DO NOT touch your tattoo with dirty hands, or let anyone touch your tattoo! (always wash your hands before).
- DO NOT pick, scratch, go swimming (including pools, hot tubs, bath tubs and anything alike).
+ What is the minimum legal age? And can my parent sign?
You must be 18 years old to get tattooed in the state of Tennessee. Even with parental or legal guardian consent, you cannot legally get tattooed under the age of 18 in the state of Tennessee.
+ Can my child come with me?
Children are not allowed in the tattoo area. If you bring a child, you must also bring someone to watch your child in the lobby.